Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving Break

How lame am I? Both mine and Mark's family's came through and stayed with us in Laramie during the break and I didn't get a single picture!! So this will be a pictureless post (sorry- I always love looking at other's pics)

Anyway I'll give a breakdown of our Thanksgiving week.

Tuesday night Mark's family stayed with us. Well when I went to fill up the air mattress they would be sleeping on, our air pump did not work (which I thought was interesting because it is brand new). Well turns out you have to charge it for 10-12 hours prior to first use. 10-12 HOURS??!! Yes and Mark's family would be here in 2 hours, so that did not leave me much time. I quickly gave my good friend Steph a call and she lent me theirs (thank goodness) because I did not want to have Mark's parents sleeping on the floor and I do not do well on the floor.

Wednesday morning, Mark's family left for Omaha Nebraska where our brother and sister-in-law live. My family came through on Wednesday evening about 4 pm and visited for about 30 min. before heading to Loveland Colorado where my mom's brother lives.

Wednesday night- we got tired of doing homework (or trying to do homework) and went to Twilight.

Thursday morning- off to Loveland Colorado for a scrumptious Thanksgiving. We stuffed ourselves with the good old Turkey, potatoes, rolls (thanks mom!) veggies, shrimp and green chili over rice (not the traditional Thanksgiving side, but it was soooooo good!!!) Thursday evening, Mark drove back to Laramie to continue studying for the four tests he has this week (Good Luck Babe!) Thursday evening, we (me, mom, sisters, aunt, cousins) went to Twilight again...

On black Friday we went out shopping at 6 am (which is very early for me!) I finished shopping for Mark though, which is always a good feeling. Later that day as my family and I were leaving we went to Lowe's and found this little beauty (I know I said no pictures...whoops!)





That's right folks....my very own waffle iron!!! This isn't just any waffle iron, these types are very hard to come by. You know, the kind that makes the flat, big, yummy waffles. Not like those thick, dry waffles. No thanks. My parents bought it for me for my birthday (I know it's not until January) but she's a beauty and will surely be put to good use.

So then my family and I traveled to Cheyenne on our way back to Laramie on Friday afternoon and stopped to see my cousin's family. Funny story: They have a three year old boy and he is hilarious. Not even joking. He does the funniest things, for example, he was playing catch using a football (a small soft one) with my little sisters and he licked the entire football and then threw it at them; and then (it gets better) his dad told him that we would never come visit again if he licked his football. So he wiped it off with his shirt and said, "all clean" and then threw it at them again. (okay, so you had to be there- this kid makes me cry because I laugh so much)

On our drive through the summit between Cheyenne and Laramie we hit some nasty Wyoming weather and were going like 50 mph down the interstate. It was icy and blizzardy (ugly!) We finally arrived in Laramie, went to Carl's Jr. for dinner and came home and played Clue. Then on Saturday, we all went to the UW vs. Denver boys basketball game and UW won! GO POKES!!

Saturday night we ate some yummy tacos and played more Clue. On Sunday morning my family left and on Sunday evening Mark's family came back through. Because the roads were so terrible they stayed on Sunday night and left Monday morning.

We're glad everyone traveled safely!

Anyway that was our busy Thanksgiving break!