Next: Truffles!
This "heaven in one bite" treat was a new one we tried from a recipe given to us by our sister-in-law Amy. Amy brought tons and tons of these truffles to our Harmon Thanksgiving last year in Salt Lake. Hers actually looked liked truffles though. We definitely need to work on our shaping skills. We ended up making four different (well five) different kinds; (not all shown in picture): mint chocolate, raspberry chocolate, raspberry dark chocolate, powdered sugar raspberry, and coconut!
They are quite the deceiving little treats though. It took us about five minutes to make each pan of filling and so of course we thought, "Man, this is going to be way easy". We ended up trying to dip the darn truffles and make them look good from about 8:00 pm to 4:00 am. Yep I stayed up until 4:00 am and still didn't finish! (yes I am crazy- won't be doing that again anytime soon). I woke up at 8:00 am this morning and finished after I put the roast in the crock pot. The reason it took up so long was because we actually made 7 pans worth (4 cookie sheets, 2 cake pans, and 1 8x8 pan). We need to learn some time saving skills from Amy. It's a good thing these truffles are soooo yummy: I'm still trying to decide if it was worth staying up that late (or early!)
1 comment:
Yes I would have to say that the truffles were DELISH!!! They are gone:) my favorite was the coconut...yum yum!! I can't believe you stayed up that late...what dedication!
Post a Comment