Saturday, August 29, 2009

Pregnancy Pics and Update

Well we are finally back in Laramie- I can't believe it's time for school to start again!! For the first time since I started preschool I won't be going to school (I just realized I've been in school for the last 19 years of my life- whew!) It is so nice to be able to go to work in the morning and then come home and do what I want. This past week I have been able to run errands, clean my house, read (a lot!) and cook dinner for Mark every night. He probably wonders who this girl is in his house and what she did with his wife!

Mark has already had an overwhelming first week. This semester is supposed to be the hardest semester of pharmacy school over all. On Thursday he mentioned to me that it already feels like he's been in school for way longer than just a week with all he has on his plate already.

I just wanted to thank everyone who came to the baby shower and for Mom, K, J, Grandma Phyllis, Susie and Julie who all helped with it! Thank you! You would think I would have some pics, but my sister took all of the pictures on her camera and so I don't have any to post.

This is a pic after the shower of me, my best buddy Cam, and our BYU-I roomie Nikki (whom I haven't seen in almost 3 1/2 years!) They both came all the way from Rexburg for the shower and although it was a short visit with them, it was so great to see them. Thank you both for coming and thank you for the beautiful gifts! Oh and Cam has the cutest little boy, Nate, I'm so glad I got to hang out with him! Thanks again for coming you three!



Here I am at 34 weeks. I know, I know I am huge (especially from the side!) The greatest is when people ask how far along I am and I tell them that I have 6 weeks left and they say, "still?" In fact one of the ladies I work with and see everyday said to me the other day, "I just don't know, you're looking bigger and bigger everyday." What do you say in return to that? My response was, "Thanks....I guess"






Anyway, I still love being pregnant, although I am definitely at the uncomfortable, can't get any sleep, waddling stage. It's great.

I did have the energy and motivation to clean my entire apartment today though. We're talkin' vacuum around the floorboards, mop the kitchen floor, organize cupboards type of clean. It took me all day though, so I think I need a foot rub from my husband (I just haven't told him yet!)

7 comments:

Stefany said...

Oh, you are the cutest pregnant lady EVER!!! I am so excited for you guys! I know the end of pregnancy STINKS!!! But, it is SOOO worth it when you see your little babe for the first time!! I hope you get LOTS of sleep!!! We miss you guys!!

KandJ said...

Oh you are cute, and it looks like you still are the same size as when you left Green River. So you cleaned "my kind of clean" as the girls would say!!!

Christian, Kerri, & The Boys said...

Hey I get the same things. I don't think you look big at all but I think its just peoples own prepective of when they were expecting. I was at the football game the other night and some guy said said.."you better stop walking around you going to go into Labor!" Haha I am happy for you guys and you look adorable!
Ker

Krystle Ricks said...

I felt terrible last time I was preggo and one Sunday I tried to look good for once so I got all dolled up for church and after Sacrament meeting a man walked up to me and asked if I felt ok because I looked horrible... I cried. And by the end I get so mad at all the jokes like, "You're STILL pregnant?" or "you look like you should of had a baby a month ago"... But I promise you... you are ADORABLE in those pictures!!!! But good luck these last few weeks... they are the HARDEST!!!

Ruth said...

Whitney!! Loved the pics!! And dito on the "you're the cutest pregnant lady ever" comment!!!!

The Hokanson's said...

Hey Whitney, where are you working? I didn't ask you that today at church, I wasn't sure if you were working or not! Anyways good luck with the last of your pregnancy! People can be so mean sometimes, they think you don't have feelings when your pregnant or something I swear!

The Homers said...

Okay so last night when Mark called, he asked if I was starting to show much. I told him I was. Scott got on the phone with him and said, "Don't let her fool ya, she's getting pretty big". C'mon really? What?! Who says stuff like that? Especially when you feel uncomfortable, HOT, achy, huge and can barely get a shower and put your make up on in the morning! I'm right there with ya girly... By the way, your little belly is so cute! I can't wait to see you guys soon :) Who would have thought we would have been just a few weeks apart with our little ones on the way!