Sunday, January 18, 2009

Date Night

Mark and I decided to have a date night to celebrate my birthday. We thought it would be easier to celebrate on a Saturday night than on a Tuesday night.

Here we are on our way out the door to eat a scrumptious dinner at Chili's



Mark ordered some triple cheese, bacon hamburger that was HUGE and I order the fajita trio with steak, chicken, and shrimp. We also got Texas Jalapeno Fries for an appetizer. MMmmm....it was good!

Here are our leftovers...



Then when we got home we decided to play a few games.

First we played "Ticket to Ride" and Mark won by a lot.



Then we played, "Life Twists and Turns" and Mark also won that one.






So I decided to try my luck at "Phase 10 Dice". I had Mark beat the entire game until the very end. He beat me on Phase 10.





My luck with games was on the low end, so we decided to watch the first Harry Potter movie after that.

We love date nights!!

6 comments:

KymandKalab said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! On Tuesday that is!

SLSPJ said...

so, here is a sad story for you. once upon a time there was a couple who lived in laramie. they liked to go on dates and leave their kids with their wonderful aunt and uncle. but one day, the husband in this couple got into dental school in a far away land called omaha, and the uncle refused to go to pharmacy school there ;). so now date night is falling asleep watching a movie at their house. (doesn't this sound like a sad story) haha, jk guys, but we do luv and miss you. (by the way, that looked like a super fun date!

Mark and Whitney said...

Oh, that is such a sad story! :) Maybe it will have a happy ending when they all move really close to one another at the end of this whole school thing!

Oh, and by the way we loved watching your kids when you went on dates (it was like a date for us!)

Krystle Ricks said...

What kind of husband doesn't let his wife win at least ONCE on her Birthday! SHEESH!!! HAHA! Just kidding, that is too cute! And I loved the pictures of your left overs! haha! HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY!

Aaron and Tashina Jones said...

Oh what fun!! You guys are SO cute. Hope you had a Happy Birthday!!!

Unknown said...

Remember how I saw you at Chili's that night? Haha. Awesome. I would love to go to lunch or something and catch up on life! Now that we live in the same town again :)