Friday, March 20, 2009

Update- Busy and Big News!!

We have had so much going on in the last month, that I have not had any time to blog about any of it!! I always feel bad when I go through and read everyone else's blogs, but I never tell about what is going on with us.

So, first off...School is going well. I have 29 days of school left until I am officially done and will be graduating on May 9th! I am very excited to be done and I cannot believe how fast it is coming. Right now I am doing my internship at the University of Wyoming Early Care and Education Center. I am in the toddler transition room and have actually been lead teaching for the past four weeks, so I have been extremely busy with that. We have the cutest little kiddos in our room and they are so amazed by the simplist things. For example, one day we poured vinegar into baking soda and watched it bubble. One little boy said, "I made Sprite!"

Mark is still trucking along through Pharmacy School. He will be doing two four week rotations this summer in Rock Springs, so once again we will be living in GR this summer! So if anyone is there, call me and we can hang out!

Next...

We went to watch Mark's little bro, Isaac at State Wrestling at the end of February. Isaac did awesome and took fourth place in his weight class. GO ISAAC!!




(This isn't actually at state wrestling- obviously, Isaac is just showing his moves against Mark!)

Also...

Mark and I went to Friday Night Fever for the first time since we have been going to school in Laramie. Another couple invited us so we decided it would be a fun date night. Friday Night Fever is a weekly event put on by the school. This particular week they played "The Game of Life". We had to go around to different booths and got a lot of free stuff like pens, waterbottles, candy, and mugs. At the end of the night they had a Grand Prize (which was a basket full of stuff) they drew a name for; well, you had to be present to win and so we decided to stay until 12:00 if just by happen stance we won (very unlikely). Well it was a good thing we stayed because Mark's name got called!! It was a very exciting, here's a picture of the Grand Prize....



Oh, and our friends said they were never inviting us again :) haha!!

LASTLY...

WE ARE HAVING A BABY!!!




It's official. We had our first doctor's appointment and ultrasound this afternoon. It was the most amazing thing. We got to listen to the baby's heart beat and everything looks great!! Our baby is due on October 7th, making me a little over 11 weeks along.

16 comments:

Jen said...

Congratulations, Whitney!! That is so exciting!! You will make a great mom!

Trevor said...

Congratulations! I saw your blog off of Stephany's and I'm so glad I looked at it. I am so excited for you guys!
Trish...signed in under Trevor :)

KymandKalab said...

Exciting stuff! Congrats!

Stefany said...

YAY!!! I am SOOO excited for you guys!!! How are you feeling? I hope morning sickness hasnt got the best of ya!!! If you need anything let me know!! AHHHHHH!!!!!

Mindy and Kelsey said...

Congratulations!!!

Anonymous said...

Holy cow whit that is so exciting I'm glad you post it! because My mom probably never would have remembered to tell me!! I bet your parents are so excited! COngrats! HOw fun!!

Emily Lemon said...

AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! Oh my gosh! You are havving a baby! I'm so excited for you guys :) We are living in mountain view so we will be close this summer :) You better keep me posted on everything...yeah...have you told Nikki?

Aaron and Tashina Jones said...

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! Congratulations. You guys are going to be the cutest parents ever! We are so HAPPY for you. Are you going to find out the sex? Keep us informed.

Ryan Kelli and Clara said...

Congrats you two! All of your news is wonderful- especially the baby part!

Paul and Kyla said...

Congrats! I bet you are so excited to be expecting. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I am so lucky I checked this today! It looks like everything is falling into place. So amazing. Jake and I cannot believe how happy our little girl has made us. Words cannot express how happy I am for you.

Christian, Kerri, & The Boys said...

Congrats!!!

Green River High School said...

Hey guys!! It's good to see you have a blog - it's Lyndsay (McCullough). I'm super happy for you guys! Best of luck with the rest of school and the baby! Our blog is: www.tyandlyndsgardner.blogspot.com

Collette said...

Congratulations you guys! That is so exciting. Good luck with the next little while. It sounds like you'll be so busy that this baby will be here before you can blink!

Trevor & Andrea said...

I just stumbled upon your blog... congrats on the news!

Ruth said...

Congradulations!!! Also so great you will finish school before the baby comes... great accomplishment. And yes we DO need to get together this summer. I couldn't have ever dreamed we would move back to that area, but that's ok. Steve has his dream job so I am happy for him:)!!